05 April 2005

Location: Eisenhower, wating for Creative Writing to start

It's raining pretty hard now. I had to walk over from work, and I got soaked and cold. But hey, it's rain, which is, if you didn't know, one of my favorite things ever. Yes, ever. So getting cold wasn't all that bad.

I guess we're going to talk about short short stories tonight (yes, 'short' and then another 'short') and maybe do some writing. I wrote a short short at work last night, based on an incredibly silly poem I wrote in high school. The poem was about a farmer who wants to grow bigger pumpkins. He uses radiation (a la Spiderman, etc.) to make them bigger and bigger, until it gets a little out of control (you'll understand when/if you read the story). I wrote it to say to the teacher, "Ha! That crap's poetry, too!" (I wasn't too big a fan of poetry in high school), and she ended up loving it. Anyway, the story's based on that, but I switched the pumpkin to a potato. Since it's short, I'll post it for ya'lls. (Keep in mind it's a first draft, straight out of my brain and into my little compy.)

1 comment:

nettymus said...

He switched it to a potatoe cause I love baked potatoes! Yes! Gimungus (sp?) baked potatoes..... that's gonna take a lot of cheese!