17 April 2005

Location: Best Western, Limon, CO

Well, we got Tara married. The wedding went all according to plan, I guess. I was on the program as 'gift table attendant' before I even knew I had the job...pretty funny. And Netty was 'personal attendant' or somesuch. The reception was in the basement, with sandwich-type food and lemonade.

We didn't know what we wanted to do when it was all over, and we both started feeling sick, which was powerfully uncool. We ended up driving through Garden of the Gods, which Netty hadn't seen before, and then parking in Old Colorado City and taking a car-nap. When we woke up, feeling a little better, we went into Manitou Springs to look for food. Advice: don't ever go there looking for food--the few places they have look good, but most of them are expensive and for some reason don't take credit cards... There were a couple of cool stores there. I bought some Chocolate Mint syrup at a store called Spice of Life, and there was a fondue restaurant we wanted to go to, but the cheapest meal option was $36/person.

So we left, and Netty was starting to feel really bad and I was, too, but I wanted to get home. After an hour of driving, though, I decided I'd had enough, so we stopped here for the night. We're both feeling much better now. Checkout's at 11, and then we'll be on the road back to Manhappiness.

1 comment:

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

That fondue restaurant (Mona Lisa) is really very tasty, but you definitely don't get enough food for what you pay for. I did have an alligator bratwurst there though... The cheese and chocolate fondue was really good! Mmm....