27 July 2005

Details

Here's a little more info on this little videoblogging adventure I'm on. For some reason, I can't get the video to play in IE, but it works in Firefox. It's having some kind of problem downloading the Quicktime plugin (which is silly b/c i already have it) so it won't work in IE, at least not on my compy. If some other IE user out there would be so kind as to test it for me and drop a comment, I'd appreciate it.
Since Putfile.com wanked out (and wasn't that great to begin with) I moved to Ourmedia.com, which uses archve.org to host media. The interface is easy and they're very careful to protect your copyright to your work. It feels like they're putting some effort into it, but it's still in the early stages. Thus, the first graphic and video I uploaded worked with no problems, but the second graphic I tried still isn't available, 9 hours after I uploaded it. So it is perhaps not the most reliable, yet. Google's doing video now, but with their own stupid player...it's still a possibility, though. Something to look into.
If you like the idea of putting video on your blog, and want to save yourself the time it'd take to figure it out (assuming you're not an HTML deity), go here, paste the code into your template, make sure the link field in Blogger is turned on, and you're good to go, assuming you've found a suitable host for your video. The whole thing should take you about five minutes. Of course, you can mess around with it--change the size of the video frame, for example, which I plan to do on mine--but that's the basic template. And so I say 'thank you' toSvein Høier and Jon Hoem, and my desire for a video camera increases tenfold.

No comments: