23 December 2005

Several cool things

So we're in G.C. now for the holiday what-not, and I just decided I need to purge my cool stuff tanks--they're getting a little full. So here you go.

  1. Protopage It's basically an online desktop program, more cool than useful, but I like it.
  2. iPodderx An excellent podcast RSS reader/player. There might be better programs like it out there, but the pre-subsubscribed feeds are almost all good (most notably Slice of SciFi and This Week in Tech (which is where I heard about Protopage)). We listened to those and others on the way here. No link, b/c they're currently changing the name and redoing the website. There's a contest for the new name, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to enter, since the site is down...
  3. On a related note, I've been listening to the Diggnation podcast for the last few months, and I highly recommend it. Kevin Rose makes it relevant and informative, and Alex Albrecht makes it funny (he was the 'new guy' on TSS just before G4 cancelled it). I also recommend Systm and The Broken, also by Revision3, although new episodes of those don't come out very often.

There are many other things in my cool-stuff tanks, but they have to finish processing.

No comments: