03 May 2005

$ for music

Yes, it's true: I've finally downloaded something and actually paid for it. MSN's music d/l service has a deal right now--buy one song ($0.99) and get 5 free. I've been wanting to have The Crystal Method's 'Name of the Game' and Ozomatli's 'Who's to Blame?' (hm...they rhyme...I hadn't noticed before) so now I have em, plus 4 more songs, when I and/or Netty decide what we want. I'm not sure if it's a 1-time deal, or if each song you buy = 5 free, but either way it's a pretty good deal. If the 'other' kind of downloading has become a hassle for you, as it has for me, this is a pretty good (and cheap) option. You can play each file on up to 5 different computers at a time, but you have to sign in w/ your .NET passport on each machine to do it, which means no mp3 players (at least it doesn't work on mine, but it's freakin Chinese, so who knows?). As far as I know, though, the CD-burning workaround works for this like it does for i-Tunes, so no real problem there. Based on my experience so far, I believe I'll go ahead and recommend it to ya'll.

Buy spurs and wear them.

No comments: