13 July 2008

Two things

Ahoy, internets.  I bring you  two (2) Items of Interest:

1. Hellboy 2 is a lot of fun.  Quite different from the first one, and better, I think.  Less Nazi occultism, which is kind of a shame, but more fairy tale-ness and steampunkery, which is spiffy.  I could probably watch the Troll Market scenes eight times and still not catch all the spiff.  If you like the first movie go see this one.  If you didn't like the first movie, go see this one.

IMDb rating: 8.5/10
My rating: 9.0/10

[And remember, this weekend was Hellboy 2, next weekend is Dark Knight, and the next is X-Files 2.  Try to keep up.]

2.  I just finished playing Portal, and the song during the end credits is, without question, the best song I've ever heard in a video game.  It's freaking brilliant.  It might not be that great if you haven't played the game (I'm actually curious about its non-Portal-player appeal), but here's the link if you want to give it a listen.  Note that there are a few minor spoilers in the song, so don't listen if you think you might want to play the game sometime--which you should.

2 comments:

Ookami Snow said...

Haven't played the game; the song is good but not great. It somewhat reminds me of a Japanese song.

I think the greatness comes in from the result of playing the game.

Chris said...

That's what I figured. Netty listened to it and didn't really get it. She thought it was funny that I thought it was funny, though.