24 May 2008

Summer trip!

So we're up in Colorado now doing some visiting and whatnot. We got in yesterday evening, after dodging most of the inclement weather, and ate with Gary and Linda at a little place called...something (I can't remember at the moment). They had excellent homemade pasta and decent alferdo (sic) sauce. It happened to be karaoke night, and although I didn't think we were the karaoke type, Michelle, Gary, and then Jenette & I got up to sing. Unfortunately, I only have video of Michelle because my camera battery died. But the real treat of the evening was that Kevin (yes, that Kevin, from "Scrantonicity") got up to sing. Michelle and Kevin are both in the video.


On the way home, we Red Box'd "30 Days of Night"...it was ok, but they could have done more with the background of the vampires (their history, how they got there, etc.)
My rating: 6.9/10
IMDb rating: 6.7/10

Today we went and checked out Main Street in Longmont. Highlights included a coin shop (or is it shoppe?) where they had some boxes of random bills and coins from around the world. We got $10 worth of some pretty neat stuff, like the Japanese 10-peso note that was printed when the Japanese occupied the Phillipines. We also found a coffee shop (or is it shoppe?) that had stop-worthy gelato.

Then the rest of the crew headed back to H.Q. while Jenette and I went to an amazing anqtique store, where we got some nice home decor--including a pair of very steampunky lamps. Now I'm back at H.Q. while part of the crew enjoys a soccer game (not my thing) and part goes to the races (which we'll all be going to tomorrow, anyway.) Nap time for me.

No comments: