28 November 2005

Don't worry, I'm still alive.

Location: KSU Union, enjoying a Taco Bell quesadilla
Yes, despite my having not posted for quite awhile, I am still alive and, for the most part, well. Our Thanksgiving break started last Wednesday and we headed for the big G.C. for T-Day dinner on Saturday. And if you know your days of the week, I'm sure you've figured out that we had several days of goofing around at our disposal. We used then to do mostly movie-related things: Netty and Michelle (and at least one of her friends) went to see Rent. They said it was good and that I would have hated it-- which I already knew. Then Netty and I went to see Jarhead, which was a decent movie, probably an 8.4/10. It was more about the people than about the war, and though I like traditional war movies, this was a nice change. We also hit up the Hastings and got mad cheap used DVD's (see video post, forthcoming). Saturday was the big meal-- turkey for us carnivores and lesser foods for that one silly herbivore. And, of course, there was the usual family fun, highlighted by Grandma Fuller playing Hitz on the Gamecube. (see video, forthcoming; and on Shannon's blog as well, I'm sure).
We also got to hang out with the Andy factor at his spiffy house, where we chatted around a fire in his spiffy firebowl, which is in his spiffy backyard. It was, as you may have guessed, pretty all-around spiffy.
The trip home is also worth mentioning, as we were driving between (and through, to some extent) two giant storm systems-- one producing a minor blizzard, the other producing tornadoes. I'll post a screenshot of the radar when I'm on Big Compy.
And now I must leave you, for I have a conference with a professor in 10 minutes. I almost forgot.

No comments: