24 June 2005

A happy Lawrence Day to all!

As most good days do, this one started with a bit of Galaxies, and then we headed out with a carload of Michelle, Shannon, Nicole, Netty, and me. And a can of corn. First stop: Pochi, where I got misself an orange smoothie with \'tapioca pearls,\' or as I call them, \'ammunition\' (launching them through a straw works very well :) ). Now we\'re at Free State Brewery, drinking and looking at menus while we wait for the arrival of Newgen--who\'s still at work--and Aaron--who\'s on his way from Manhattan w/ Amber.
After this, it\'s on to the show, which, as I understand it, will consist of The Famed and Stuck on Broadway opening for Ludo. Am I interested in any of these bands? Not particularly. But it should still be a good time. The first two bands, for those who don\'t know, are the two halves of a band I never really cared for. If they split along the correct fault lines, though, there\'s a good chance I\'ll like one or the other. And either way, I\'ve been curious to see what the Granada is like inside.
For now I shall enjoy cheddar ale soup and wild mushroom ravioli to the tunes of Skriggety-Skruff and the Good Times. (Ok, I don\'t know what their name is, but there is a live band here). Mayhap I\'ll post from the concert if that\'s possible.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah, I have no idea what those slashes are all about...

Aaron Brown said...

Dude, that is the best name ever for a band, and if it's not taken by those guys @ FreeState (as it should be), that's totally gonna be my band's name... when I make a band.

Was gonna ask about the slashs too, hehe

Ookami Snow said...

what program are you posting from? for me hello makes all my apostrophes turn into question marks, so it may just be something like that.

Chris said...

I use the avantblog website (http://avantblog.dentedreality.com.au/) to post when I'm on Little Compy since it loads much faster than the Blogger website. It's never done the slash thing before though. They just added the ability to put a title on a post (ooh...fancy) so they must have also added the ability to insert a / wherever I use a ' . Can your program do that? :)